Enrollment & Deposits
Everblue is an equal opportunity provider and employer. Everblue prohibits discrimination in all its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, and where applicable, sex, marital status, familial status, parental status, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, political beliefs, reprisal, or because all or part of an individual's income is derived from any public assistance program.
Everblue complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), which prohibits discrimination against people with disabilities in employment, transportation, public accommodation, communications, and governmental activities. The ADA also establishes requirements for telecommunications relay services.
Students may register for training independently via the website or with the assistance of a customer support representative. Rather than paying the full tuition amount at the time of registration, many of our courses offer the opportunity for a registrant to place a deposit at the time of registration to hold his or her seat. In the event a student places a deposit on the course rather than paying the full tuition amount, the student will not be placed on the roster, allowed in the classroom, or provided any study materials until full payment is provided.
Course materials are included in the course tuition. Students will be able to access their course materials in their online Everblue student accounts. Course materials include, but are not limited to the following: books, practice questions, take-home solar kits, study sheets, provisional HERS ratings, software simulations, and certificates of completion. Students will not gain access to these course materials until their full course tuition has been paid.
Everblue provides a certificate of completion to each student once a live course session(s) has expired. Attendance will be taken to prove that the student was present for the majority (over 50%) of the session(s). Everblue's certificate of completion may serve as proof of one’s attendance in a sustainability training course. This process works the same for Everblue webinar sessions that are pre-recorded; however, the student must complete additional required quizzes in order to validate his/her participation and attendance. The quizzes work in a pass/fail format, but if a student fails, he/she is given another opportunity to retest.
Students not in attendance for the first 25% of a course will be dismissed and not allowed to attend for the remainder of the course. Students not attending a course, not successfully completing a program, or not completing the appropriate make-up sessions within 14 days of the completion of the course will be required to re-register, charged tuition, and attend the course again to earn a certificate of completion.
Because of the short length of the courses offered by Everblue, each student is expected and strongly encouraged to participate in the entire course of which he or she is enrolled. Participants are expected to arrive on time for each course and stay through the duration of the day. In extenuating circumstances, the instructor will work with the student to make up time lost during the course. These situations are handles on a case-by-case basis. For all individuals with planned absences, please contact Everblue’s customer service line to transfer into another course.
In the event of an unanticipated absence, the instructor will work with the student to determine the best way to make up the time spent out of the class. This might include visiting another course, viewing pre-recorded webinars, participating in live webinars, or other means by which the instructor deems appropriate for making up lost instruction.
Credit for previous courses attended at Everblue or another institution cannot be tranferred to any Everblue course.
Everblue operates short-term courses throughout the year. Please visit our website at www.everblue.edu for the most current list of course dates.
Student education records are electronically maintained on Everblue's student registration database. Requests for these records can be made to: Everblue - Registration & Records, 8936 Northpointe Executive Park Drive, Suite 140, Huntersville, NC 28078, 800-460-2575.
Tardiness or Early Departures
Students must attend at least 75% of course training to qualify as completing the program. Planned tardiness or early departures must be communicated to Everblue before the course begins. Students who miss more than 25% of the hours of any scheduled course may transfer to another course session. Transfer fees may apply.
Should a student be unable to attend a course, he or she may substitute another individual at no additional charge, provided Everblue is notified of the substitution before 5:00pm (EST) one business day before the program begins.
If a student needs to transfer his or her registration to a future offering of this class, Everblue can arrange this, provided space is available. If a request to transfer is received more than two weeks before the scheduled class, there will be no fee. For requests received within two weeks of the scheduled class and up to three days prior to the class, there will be a $50 transfer fee. This fee will increase to $175 for any transfer request made within three business days of a scheduled class.
For webinar courses, a request for transfer can be made up to one week prior to the course date without a transfer fee. Transfers made within the week of the course start date have a $50 transfer fee.
Should a student need to cancel a registration for a course, Everblue will process a full refund of the registration fee, provided they receive notice of the student’s cancellation according to the following schedule:
|1-2 Day Courses
||14 days prior to the course start date
|3+ Day Courses
||30 days prior to the course start date
||7 days prior to the course start date
For Courses That Are Shorter Than 2 Days:
Cancellations received after 5:00pm (EST) two weeks prior to the class start date will receive a refund but be charged a $50 late cancellation fee. No refunds will be made for cancellations received within 3 business days of the class start date, or for those who fail to attend the course.
For Courses Longer Than 2 Days:
Cancellations after 5:00pm (EST) 30 days prior to the class start date will receive a refund but be charged a $400 late cancellation fee. No refunds will be made for cancellations received within 7 days of the class start date, or for those who fail to attend the course.
For All Webinar Courses:
Cancellations after 5:00 pm (EST) 7 days prior to the class start date will receive a refund but be charged $50 late cancellation fee.
A student who cancels this agreement within 72 hours (until midnight of the third day excluding Saturdays, Sundays, and legal holidays) after signing the agreement will receive a refund of all monies paid. A student who cancels after 72 hours but prior to the student’s first day of class attendance will receive a refund of all monies paid, except for the nonrefundable Application Fee. If this agreement is not accepted by Everblue or if Everblue cancels this agreement prior to the first day of class attendance, all monies will be refunded. All requests for cancellation by the student must be made in writing and mailed or hand delivered to Everblue, 8936 Northointe Executive Park Dr., Suite 140, Huntersville, 28078. Cancellation requests can also be made via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Cancellation Policy for Texas Residents: A student who cancels this agreement within 72 hours (until midnight of the third day excluding Saturdays, Sundays, and legal holidays) after signing the agreement will receive a refund of all monies paid. A student who cancels after 72 hours but prior to the student’s first day of class attendance will receive a refund of all monies paid, except for the nonrefundable Application Fee. If this agreement is not accepted by Everblue or if Everblue cancels this agreement prior to the first day of class attendance, all monies will be refunded. All requests for cancellation by the student must be made in writing and mailed or hand delivered to Everblue, 8936 Northpointe Executive Park Dr., Suite 140, Huntersville, 28078. Cancellation requests can also be made via email (email@example.com).
After the last day of the drop and add period for each course, as stated on the academic calendar, no refunds or adjustments will be made to a student who drops individual classes but is otherwise enrolled at Everblue. Refunds are made for a student who withdraws or is withdrawn from Everblue prior to the completion of his/her program and is based on the tuition billed for the course in which the Student withdraws, according to the schedule set forth below.
Refunds will be based on the total charge incurred by the Student at the time of withdrawal, not the amount the student has actually paid. Tuition and fees attributable to any course beyond the term of withdrawal will be refunded in full. Any books, equipment, and/or uniforms that have been issued are nonrefundable. When a Student withdraws from the institution, he/she must complete a student withdrawal form with the Program Manager. The date from which refunds will be determined is the last date of recorded attendance. Refunds will be made within 30 calendar days of the notification of an official withdrawal or date of determination of withdrawal by the institution.
North Carolina Residents Only: In the event that a student withdraws or is dismissed from a course, refunds of tuition and fees will be calculated according to the following schedule:
- A 100% refund will be given to students withdrawing from a course prior to its start date, or upon the cancellation of any course.
- A 75% refund will be given to students withdrawing from a course on its start date through the 25% point of the course.
- No refunds will be given if a student has attended 25% or more of a course.
Pennsylvania Residents Only: In the event that a student withdraws from a course, refunds of tuition and fees will be calculated according to the following schedule:
- For a student completing up to and including 10% of the total clock hours, the school shall refund 90% of the total cost of the program.
- For a student withdrawing from or discontinuing the program within the first 25% of the program, the tuition charges refunded by the school shall be at least 55% of the total cost of the program.
- For a student withdrawing or discontinuing after 25% but within 50% of the program, the tuition charges refunded by the school shall be at least 30% of the total cost of the program.
- For a student withdrawing or discontinuing after 50% of the program, the student is entitled to no refund.
Texas Residents Only: Pursuant to 132.061 of the Texas Education Code, as a condition for granting certification each school must maintain a policy for the refund of the unused portion of tuition, fees, and other charges in the event the student, after expiration of the 72-hour cancellation privilege, fails to enter a program in which the student is enrolled or withdraws or is discontinued from the program at any time prior to completion, and such policy must provide:
- Refund computations will be based on the period of enrollment computed on basis of course time (clock hours).
- The effective date of termination for refund purposes will be the earliest of the following: (a) the last date of attendance; or (b) the date of receipt of written notice from the student.
- If tuition and fees are collected in advance of entrance, and the student does not enter school, not more than $100 shall be retained by the school.
- If the student fails to enter the program, withdraws, or is discontinued at any time before completion of the program, the student will be refunded the pro rata portion of tuition, fees, and other charges that the number of class hours remaining in the program after the effective date of termination bears to the total number of class hours in the program.
- A full refund of all tuition and fees is due in each of the following cases: (a) an enrollee is not accepted by the school; (b) if the program of instruction is discontinued by the school and this prevents the student from completing the program; or (c) if the student’s enrollment was procured as a result of any misrepresentation in advertising, promotional materials of the school, or misrepresentation by the owner or representatives of the school.
- Refund Policy for Students Called to Active Military Service: A student of the school or college who withdraws from the school or college as a result of the student being called to active duty in a military service of the United States or the Texas National Guard may elect one of the following options for each program in which the student is enrolled: (a) if tuition and fees are collected in advance of the withdrawal, a pro rata refund of any tuition, fees, or other charges paid by the student for the program and a cancellation of any unpaid tuition, fees, or other charges owed by the student for the portion of the program the student does not complete following withdrawal; (b) a grade of incomplete with the designation “withdrawn-military” for the courses in the program, other than courses for which the student has previously received a grade on the student’s transcript, and the right to re-enroll in the program, or a substantially equivalent program if that program is no longer available, not later than the first anniversary of the date the student is discharged from active military duty without payment of additional tuition, fees, or other charges for the program other than any previously unpaid balance of the original tuition, fees, and charges for books for the program; or (c) the assignment of an appropriate final grade or credit for the courses in the program, but only if the instructor or instructors of the program determine that the student has: (1) satisfactorily completed at least 90 percent of the required coursework for the program; and (2) demonstrated sufficient mastery of the program material to receive credit for completing the program.
- Refunds will be totally consummated within 60 days after the effective date of termination.
Travel, Lodging, and Other Expenses
Everblue bears the right to postpone courses given that students have a week of notice. Everblue must postpone courses when student registration does not reach the minimum required amount. In the event of a course postponed, students are provided with alternative dates to transfer into. If you must book your travel arrangements (ie, airline travel) more than a week prior to the class start, please contact Everblue to ensure that the course has met minimum registration requirements.
The purpose of this Grievance Policy is to ensure that participants understand how to report grievances to Everblue upon inappropriate actions by any instructor or employee of this organization and that Everblue has a standardized process to resolve grievances.
A participant may pursue a grievance if he or she believes that an employee of Everblue has violated his or her rights. This Grievance Policy applies to:
- Alleged discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, or disability.
- Final grades or certificates of completion.
- Issues related to customer service, registration, and/or record keeping.
- Problems arising in the relationship between a participant and an Everblue employee not recognized in this policy.
It is strongly suggested that the student discuss his or her grievance with the person involved in the situation that has caused the grievance.
The discussion should be held as soon as the participant first becomes aware of the behavior that requires resolution. The participant may wish to present his or her grievance in writing to the person alleged to have caused the grievance. In either case, the person alleged to have caused the grievance must respond to the participant promptly, either orally or in writing.
If an individual decides not to resolve the grievance with the person or the individual does not feel as if the situation was resolved appropriately, he or she may present the grievance in writing to any senior administrator at Everblue. Written grievances and/or notifications must be presented to an administrator at least thirty business days after the individual was involved in the situation that created the grievance. The administrator will conduct an informal investigation to resolve the issue as quickly as possible.
Based upon this investigation, the administrator will recommend actions to be taken by all parties involved. The written determination shall include process involved during the investigation, reasons for the decision made by the administrator, and the actions to be taken by each party to resolve the situation as quickly as possible. All decisions are final.
For more information regarding this policy or to file a formal grievance, please contact 800-460-2575.
Student Conduct Policy
Everblue has adopted a Student Conduct Policy to protect the rights of students, faculty, and staff. This policy ensures that the Everblue community is one characterized by mutual respect, civility, and good citizenship. Everblue students, faculty, and staff are expected to accept and adhere to these high standards of personal conduct.
Academic Integrity: Everblue expects students to fulfill their academic obligations through honest and independent effort. Academic misconduct includes but is not limited to the following: knowingly furnishing false or misleading information, plagiarism in any form, willfully aiding another in any act of academic dishonesty, and/or any joint effort in examinations (unless authorized by the instructor).
Class Conduct: Students are expected to conduct themselves on campus and in class so others are not distracted from the pursuit of learning. Discourteous or unseemly conduct may result in a student being asked to leave the classroom. Some examples of classroom misconduct that will not be tolerated include, but are not limited to the following: disorderly conduct, harassment, verbal abuse, assault, interference with the educational opportunity of other students, and/or attending class under the influence of alcohol or other drugs.
Readmission: Students will be granted readmission upon request. Everblue administrative staff will give students the option to refund their entire tuition or to attend the same course in a different setting at no additional cost. All requests for readmission must be made in writing and mailed or hand delivered to Everblue, 8936 Northpointe Executive Park Dr., Suite 140, Huntersville, 28078. Readmission requests can also be made via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Grading and Pass Rates
Everblue is a training provider for many certifying organizations. Everblue provides a certificate of completion to each student once a course session(s) has expired. A certificate of completion does not take the place of an actual certification, which can only be earned through a separate exam registration and passing score process.
A certifying organization separate from Everblue often coordinates and administers the certification exams and determines eligibility for certification. Upon earning a passing exam score, students should expect to receive an official certificate from one of the following certifying organizations: U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC), Building Performance Institute (BPI), Residential Energy Services Network (RESNET), or North American Board of Certified Practitioners (NABCEP).
The USGBC, BPI, and RESNET do not disclose grades or pass rates. NABCEP has disclosed that Everblue is the largest provider of NABCEP PV Entry Level Exam prep and test administration. Everblue’s NABCEP PV Entry Level Exam pass rate is above the national average.