Job Title: Weatherization Program Manager
This position has sole responsibility for SRCAA’s Weatherization program and ensures that all clients served/work performed is in compliance with Federal, State and Agency guidelines. The Weatherization program assists the economically disadvantaged in home improvements to promote energy efficiency. The Weatherization Manager will treat all individuals with dignity and respect, make necessary referrals for clients, and exemplify the Salisbury-Rowan Community Action Agency’s (SRCAA) commitment to helping people.
Location: Salisbury, NC
- Oversees the daily activities and operations of SRCAA’s Weatherization program, ensuring full compliance with all Federal, State, and Agency regulations/guidelines
- Develops protocols for the Weatherization program and directs their implementation
- Develops and monitors annual budgets for Weatherization and related programs
- Conducts home audits and financial inspections of all work performed on homes under the Weatherization program
- Identifies, plans, and estimates cost of fieldwork in ways which efficiently address building deficiencies, and achieve maximum energy savings according to State guidelines
- Performs high quality lead-based paint inspections and prepares associated reports which are clear, thorough, and accurate
- Supervises and instructs technicians and independent contractors effectively. Inspects contracts work to endure that all work performed is of high quality, completed according to the work order, and done at the reasonable cost
- Responsible for general effectiveness, efficiency, and achievement of production goals by careful planning and coordinating of field work to achieve the general monthly and annual program goals and adherence to agency goals and policies
- Inventory/equipment maintenance for Weatherization department
- Instructs clients and staff in energy conservation and residential heating and safety
- At least 1 year experience in home construction and carbon monoxide testing
- 2-3 years of supervisory experience, 1 year working with the economically disadvantaged
- Must have valid NC Driver’s License and provide proof of automobile liability insurance coverage
- Excellent written and verbal communication
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Working knowledge of fuel oil, and electric heating systems and of all codes applicable to HVAC system and installations
- Ability to use departmental equipment, tools and material including ladders, hand tools, paint, carpenter’s tools, diagnostic/testing equipment and tools, drafting equipment, and others; ability to operate motor vehicles
- Ability to exert physical in light to moderate work involving lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling; ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl; ability to climb and balance; tasks require visual perception and discrimination
- Ability to comprehend, prepare, and correctly use a variety of informational document including: bids specification, time logs, purchase orders, memorandum, correspondence, billing statements, health/safety forms, vehicle mileage forms, and other reports and records using the prescribed formats.
- Ability to maintain the integrity of confidential employment, client, and business information
- Ability to maintain complete, organized, and accurate files for all assigned tasks and program areas, ensuring that the files are in compliance with all Federal, State, and Agency guidelines and requirements
- Skilled in the use of computers for email, creation, and manipulation of Microsoft Office
How to apply: Applications can be obtained on our website, www.srcaa.com. Applications and resumes should be submitted to Human Resources by email, fax, or mail. Email email@example.com, fax 704-633-5570, or mail to 1300 West Bank Street, Salisbury, NC 28144. All applications must be filled out completely. All resumes must be accompanied by an application! All offers of employment with SRCAA are contingent upon successful completion of pre-employment background check and drug screen. SRCAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Position Expiration: Applications will be accepted April 14, 2014 through April 30, 2014.